Tuesday 21 May 2013

Grassmoor - Five Pits Trail Circular – (Derbyshire) – 21/05/13 – 6 Miles (approx)

Setting off from Grassmoor Country Park, my Five Pits Trail loop took me through: Williamthorpe nature reserve and Holmewood, before looping back on the Grassmoor branch, via a circular turn back at Timber Lane farm. The paths themselves were clear and physically undemanding. However being hemmed in by trees and bushes either side meant there was no real scenery or stunning vistas to look at. So basically a walk for a very hot day, when you want to be outdoors, but in the shade. WALKS SINCE LAST BLOG ENTRY: (1) Linacre extended circular - 4 Miles & (2) Beeley / Chatsworth Dambusters flypast circular - 3 miles.

About Me

I am now in my Fifties, live in Chesterfield, and have long since forgotten that I was once a runner (or cyclist for that matter). This blog is a place to store my Walking adventures.

Blog Archive